The BHPN and its providers are committed to protecting the rights of our clients at all times.
You have the following rights:
- To receive services in a manner free from abuse, retaliation, humiliation, neglect and financial or other exploitation.
- To receive services that are sensitive to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, cultural or religious preference, health status and physical ability.
- To receive sufficient information prior to the start of any services, so that you can give informed consent.
- To refuse services offered after being notified of the benefits, alternatives and consequences.
- To be an informed participant by receiving information regarding services in a reasonably prompt and confidential manner.
- To have your records protected as required by applicable privacy law, as described in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
- To receive relevant information regarding the individuals providing services, to the extent permitted by organizational policies and applicable privacy laws.
- To contact the BHPN Customer Service Department to file a complaint without fear of retaliation or the imposition of any barrier to service.
The BHPN and its providers offer interpreter services to clients and families with limited English skills. A Language Assistance Line service is available to clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.